Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 2, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to Nichols Family Fun Time! I am a long-time “blurker” of some very excellent blogs, and I thought it high time I join in. For introductions- My name is Jennifer. I am married to Eric, aka Sugarbear. We have three pets. First there is Chica, the loyal pound puppy who devotes her life to sitting in Mommy’s lap. Second comes Ginger, the high-maintenance Dachshund. Third is Sergeant Death (Sugarbear’s doing, not mine), the house cat that hates my guts. We live outside of DFW, Texas where my husband is a Worship/Youth minister and I am a social worker. We have been married six wonderful years. Being youngin’s when we got married, we waited several years before we decided to start a family. We started trying three and a half years ago, and are currently in the middle of fertility treatments. Like most people, this is never somewhere I’d thought I’d ever be, the doctor’s visits every other week, the constant lab work, the multitude of total strangers seeing more of me than I’d ever think necessary… (TMI maybe? Oh well…) But, here I am. Part of the point of this blog is to share this experience, and hopefully one of these days share the experience of successful treatment. However, this will not be the sole purpose of my musing, or even the primary purpose for that matter, as life with Sugarbear contains many blog-worthy happenings. But, I know that God is allowing us to have this challenge for a reason, as painful as it is. Some days are good, others not so good. But, on good days and bad days the reality is that my God doesn’t change. He still promises beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, and a garment of praise for a spirit of despair! How awesome is that?!?

3 comments:

  1. I told you however many years ago that I would pray. . . well, I haven't forgotten. You and Eric are definitely talked about when I talk to my God. I'm so glad I can keep up with it now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying for you! Definitely been there, done that. It was a hard time in our lives. Praying for peace as you pray for God to give you the desires of your heart. Feel free to call/email if you ever want to talk about it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU'RE A STINKER...ahem...did I just miss an email that there was no a sugarbear blog?

    So excited to read!

    ReplyDelete