Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Confessions...

Ok, so last night I was feeling kinda blue, and Sugarbear, being the wonderful, thoughtful husband he is, convinced me to go for a walk to raise my spirits. He was right, the walk did just that, but that is not my confession...

My confession has to do with a certain Ginger-named Dachshund... see, when Mommy says "Wanna go", it is the cue for the dogs to jump up and down, whine, and run for the 'leash storage spot'. Well, the girls got to accompany us on our moonlit jaunt around the neighborhood... well, Chica, being the hardy terrier she is, loved the walk. She was running around, doing what good dogs do- sniffing, marking, trying to chase the rabbits, etc. Ginger, however, is a little more delicate. She has very short legs, and is quite effective over a sprint, but is not made for distance. Well, she also has asthma.... which means that when she overexerts herself, she starts wheezing... loudly...

So we make it about a block when Ginger starts her wheezing routine. Well, we stop for a minute, we move on. So, we keep this up for another two blocks. By this time, she is looking up at me with those big, hound dog eyes and I'm worried that the neighbors are going to call the Humane Society. So, what's a dog mommy to do? I pick up my Dachshund, and proceed to carry her, leash and all, for our walk. She instantly becomes the happiest puppy, tongue hanging out, ears blowing in the breeze, smile on her little doggy face... cause she knows that Mommy is a sucker.

1 comment:

  1. lol...at least you admit it. : ) I think I might possibly be a sucker, sometimes, maybe a little, but I'm not sure. :)

    ReplyDelete