Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 27, 2009

And now, we wait...

I have debated and debated with myself about actually putting this on here, but I figured, what the hey, why not.

Today was our first, hopefully last, IUI. I learned a couple of things.

1. The technical description of the directionality of my uterus. (I can't believe I just typed the words "my uterus" in public... but there you go.)

2. Reinforcement of how good my God is. The worrisome details that had been present in the past were inexplicably absent today... the worrisome details that could have extremely affected the outcome of the IUI... just gone... we had a perfect procedure.

3. My husband is a big goofball, and I don't know what I'd do without him.

Why is my husband a goofball, you ask? Because he has the ability to make my laugh hysterically while in the very compromising position the IUI requires. So, the nurses helping today come in the room, and we are quite familiar already, so we get started right away. The chair is the standard one you ladies all know and love, but it has to be adjusted to the right height. Sugarbear is up by my head, holding my hand like a good husband does. The nurse starts raising and tilting the chair, and things are very much in progress. Sugarbear, in fascination, states loudly that he wants a chair like this in his living room to watch football in. Yup. My husband, ladies and gentlemen...

Then, the procedure is done, and the routine is that you stay put with the chair tilted for a bit. The nurses leave the room, and it is just me and Sugarbear. After the sweet talk, Sugarbear begins talking about how bored he is... and then proceeds to start going through drawers and cabinets, touching everything. It is all I can do in my compromised position to keep him from playing with the controls for the chair... "But I want to play with it!" he says... "What's that?" "Why are there so many speculums?" "What's in that bottle?" 'Syringes!" "I told you they were puppy training pads..." "I want to touch the buttons!" talking about the sonogram machine... I am laughing loudly. I can't imagine what the office staff thought at the crazy couple laughing their heads off in the procedure room... I wonder what they'd think if they saw Sugarbear touching the piece of equipment that had a large tag on it that said "Do Not Touch"...

And now, we wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment