Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Why I Shouldn't Be Allowed Out In Public...

So yesterday I spent the day in another town at an all-day conference for work. This was a region-wide meeting for everyone in my department, so several hundred people were in a big conference room at a very nice area hotel. During the afternoon break, I was in the second-floor lobby, enjoying my Diet Pepsi. I looked out onto the terrace, which was of course inhabited by smokers. To my great surprise, I saw my sister standing there talking and laughing. (we have the same job, different towns, so it made sense at the time.) I stared for a few seconds, and then burst out onto the terrace to give her a very hard time for not telling me she had come into town. I got about three feet from her when I realized that it was, in fact, not my sister, but a perfect stranger. A perfect stranger who looked so much like my middle sister it was kinda scary… same coloring,same hair fixed the same way, same body type, same mannerisms, same glasses,similar face, she even smoked her cigarette the same as my sister. (which, if she is reading this, I want to remind her, is a very bad habit that decreases her fertility… ) People were staring very cautiously by that point, as I had rushed onto the terrace with such a purposeful look… I stopped mid-burst, and in my rush to look as normal as possible and not crazy for running towards a complete stranger, I suddenly found something very interesting to look at over the balcony for as second, until I could reasonably back towards the door slowly, so as not to scare anyone… and that is why I shouldn’t be allowed out in public…

No comments:

Post a Comment